During the past year physiotherapy has provided services to 485 children in our service regions, this includes children ages 0-19 years old. We have had a number of staff changes and look forward to November when we should be fully staffed, welcoming back all our physiotherapists that were on maternity leave this year. Current physiotherapists are Fabiola Toyata, Jenny Hogan and Sandy VanKleeck. Returning in the fall are Bobbie Turner and Regan Daoust. We had 1 UNBC physiotherapy student this year and look forward to having more students once were are fully staffed again.
Looking for free or inexpensive places to keep your children active throughout the year? Here are some places to check out around Prince George:
- Find a playground near you and what they offer with this cool app: Playground Buddy – Helping Families Find Playgrounds
- Power Play – Power Play Program | South Fort George Family Resource Centre (sfgfrc.com)
- Strong Start – StrongStart BC – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
- Active Star: Engage Sport North – Active Star – Engage Sport North
- Public Library Programming – Programs and Events | PGPL
- Prince George YMCA Rec Room – Children & Youth Programs – YMCA of Northern BC
If income is an issue accessing pools or skating the city offers a Leisure access Program (Grants & Financial Assistance | City of Prince George) which includes:
- 52 complimentary public swimming or skating admissions
- 75% off passes and swim programs
Also available is the KidSport Program that provides financial assistance for children 18 and under to participate in organized sports. Grants & Financial Assistance | City of Prince George
The YMCA also has financial assistance available.