Active Parenting for Step Families Workshop
Also applicable for foster families.
Step parents face a whole new set of challenges as well as all of the old ones. These workshops help teach the skills you need to build a happy, healthy and harmonious step family. You will learn how to undertake the following:
- blend family histories, traditions, and values
- cope with loss and encourage healthy grieving
- establish parental authority using non-violent discipline techniques that work
- improve communication and build new relationships based on respect and trust
- teach responsibility, cooperation, and other important values
- prevent or stop problems such as loyalty conflicts, power struggles, and more
- cope with difficult topics such as drugs, violence, and sex
- set boundaries that work for your whole family
- encourage your children to be their very best!