CareersWe have the following position available within our centre:
About Prince George:
Prince George is a vibrant, four season city, with many opportunities for those who enjoy the outdoors as well as the arts. The city is a four hour drive from Jasper National Park. The City is home of the highest rated small university in Western Canada – the University of Northern BC (Maclean's 2016).
We are also a training centre that offers practical placements for student studying the following professions: Early Childhood Education, Social Services, Speech Language Pathology, Physiotherapy, and Occupational Therapy Students
Early Childhood Educator Position (Casual)
We are searching for fun and creative, licensed Early Childhood Educators to join our Early Care and Learning / Childcare team. These are casual, ongoing positions that will fill temporary absences do to vacations, sick leaves, and leaves of absence for our childcare staff.
Wage: 19.64 per hour
- Graduation from an Early Childhood Education /Early Childcare and Learning Program (ECCL) recognized by the Province of British Columbia
- Licensed as an Early Childhood Educator by the Community Care Licensing Board of the Province of British Columbia
- Eligible for membership with the Early Childhood Educators of BC Association
- Acceptable criminal record check
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- proficiency in written and spoken English
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
- Experience with challenging behaviours and children with special needs preferred.
Contact Candis Johnson
Phone: (250)563-7168 ext 256
Child Development Worker (Casual)
Supported Child Development workers assist children that require additional support in order to participate in family and group daycare’s, preschool and after school care settings. Post Secondary training such as Early Childhood Care & Learning (ECCL) Certificate, ECCL Assistant’s Certificate, Education Assistant Certificate or Community School Support (CASS) is required for this position. Minimum 2 years experience working with children with special needs is essential.
Contact: Christy Kubert
Phone: (250)563-7168 ext 215